While working at PlusDelta Technologies, I significantly expanded on the existing, static wallboard templates to make them highly configurable. Hospitals display these real-time wallboards on television monitors to track the delivery status of patient-specific medications.
Originally, the wallboards displayed a static template of a few columns. I expanded on that functionality to develop a robust, configurable wallboard editor that facilitates dynamically building complex queries. Through this UI, administrators can configure the following:
- The types of medications to include
- Which columns to include, their display order, and their relative widths
- Multiple sort columns and their sort directions
- A whitelist of origin, destination, or last-known locations of the medications
- A whitelist of priority levels for the medications
- Process-improvement metrics, such as on-time delivery rate, which can be automatically reset at one or more scheduled times per day